By Drew Hendricks.
Don’t look now, but mobile technology is leveling the playing field for American firms. Technologies and capabilities that were once reserved for the upper echelon of the Fortune 500 can now fit comfortably in the palm of almost anyone’s hand.
Mobile technology, whether you believe it or not, has — and will undoubtedly continue to — revolutionize the way business is done.
Here are a few of the main takeaways:
- Collectively, smartphones and tablets save business owners around 2 billion hours each year.
- Mobile technology saves American small-business owners more than $65 billion a year.
- The number of small businesses that use smartphone technology to conduct business is now up to 94% (85% last year).
- The majority of small businesses that use smartphone apps to increase productivity feel they are saving an average of $6,000 a year.
- Two-thirds of small businesses using mobile apps report saving at least 150 hours each year.